5 activity ideas for Halloween in Montreal
The countdown to October 31 has begun! Looking for activities to do for Halloween? Potions workshop, disguised ice skating or visits to haunted houses, there is something for everyone in the metropolis! Métro offers you five ideas for activities.
Thrills guaranteed at the Botanical Garden
Espace pour la vie invites young and old to find the Sorcerer Kalbacius, installed in the Great Greenhouse of the Botanical Garden. On the program, potions workshop, plant bewitchment class or virtual contest of decorated pumpkins.
- Where: Botanical Garden
- When: from October 1 to 31, variable hours depending on the activities
Are you passionate about both Halloween and skating? Put on your best disguise, put on your skates and take part in the Halloween on Ice at the Legion Arena! Music and surprises will be there.
- Where: Legion Arena, 220 Bedbrook Avenue, Montreal West
- When: Sunday, October 30, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Discovering haunted houses
Do you like to scare yourself by visiting haunted houses? The programming of Rivière-des-Prairies will delight you! Stroll through three haunted houses with an atypical style, such as that of the 266th Groupe Scout de la Pointe-de-l'Île, with a 1980s theme! Distribution of sweets and thrills guaranteed!
Where and when:
- House of horror – Maison des jeunes RDP (12550,  ;48th Avenue), Monday, October 31, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Optimistic haunted house – Chalet du parc Armand-Bombardier, Monday, October 31, from 5 p.m. ;Saint-Jean-Baptiste), near Saint-Jean-Baptiste Park, Monday, October 31, from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Are you easily carried away by stories? Let yourself be enchanted by Isabelle “La Louve” Crépeau, by the magic of the musicians of the TOUSK group and by Michel “Woups” Pirro!
This evening is presented as part of the Citizen program for professional dissemination of the borough of Montreal-North.
- Where: Cultural and Community Center of Montreal-North, 12004, boulevard Rolland
- When: Saturday, October 29, at 7:30 p.m.
Horror-film marathon horror
Halloween also rhymes with horror movies! The Goncourt exhibition hall is offering a film marathon for the occasion. The screening of Pywacket(v.f.), will precede that of Terror on Halloween (v.f. of Trick’r Treat). For ages 13 and up.
- Where: Goncourt showroom, 7500, avenue Goncourt
- When : Friday, October 28, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The Festival of Frayeur
Lover of thrill rides and passionate about Halloween? Say no more! The Festival de la Frayeur, organized by the La Ronde amusement park, is made for you! Walk through scary zones (Zombie Camp, Demon Hell) to find your way to the park's rides or haunted houses.
- Where< /strong>: La Ronde, 22, chemin Macdonald
- When: October 8 to 30