The team of the medical Centre Beauport will have seven general practitioners in a few days.
December 10, 2019 4: 00 am
A new doctor at the medical Centre Beauport
It’s confirmed : the medical Centre Beauport will remain open the end of the week thanks to the arrival of a new doctor.
“It is a very good news,” rejoiced at the end of the wire by the doctor in charge of the clinic of the Royal avenue, Dr Nile Lefrançois, whose team will have seven general practitioners in a few days. The new doctor has obtained a notice of compliance to the regional Plan of medical manpower (PREM) 2020, confirmed Dr. Lefrançois.
In November, The Sun reported that the medical Centre Beauport was going to have to close on Saturdays and Sundays starting in January, in the absence of new doctor. It was anticipated that about 10 500 patients of the clinic are redirected to the end of the week to the new clinic’s medical Complex Synase, near the Hospital of the Child Jesus, under an agreement between the two groups of family medicine.
This would enable the doctors of the medical Centre Beauport to blow a little bit, ” explained Dr. Lefrançois, 73 years of age. His colleagues, two of whom are in their sixties, and have “the language to earth, î he told.
As a reminder, the ministry of Health had granted a waiver to the PREM 2019, and authorized an additional doctor for the sub-territory of Beauport. Citizens and patients of the medical Clinic at the Beauport had made representations to this effect, in particular from the mp caquiste Jean-François Simard.
Two candidates had expressed interest in practicing in this area, one to the clinic of Dr. Lefrançois, and the other, at the medical Clinic of the Walks, which is also a superclinique. The two candidates had been interviewed by a committee of the regional Department of the medical workforce (DRMG), which was ultimately awarded the job to the doctor who wanted to practice at the medical Clinic of the Walks.
A decision that deeply disappointed the Dr Lefrançois, including the clinic, he said, has “always worked well” and filled in “exemplary” its obligations towards the population and the ministry of Health. He had questioned the current trend of doctors and the “system” to focus on the “big medical facilities” of 25 or 30 doctors.
In an interview to the Sun, the head of DRMG, Dr. Jacques Bouchard, had assured him that the selection had been made on the basis of “neutral and impartial”. He also emphasized that the candidate had not been chosen, but which was, nonetheless, “excellent”, according to what he would have said, could try his luck for the next process of granting positions. “If he reapplied now [and if he remakes a good interview], in one month, it could start at Beauport because there are new posts for Beauport with the PREM 2020”, had indicated to Dr. Bouchard.
The day after our report, the minister of Health, Danielle McCann, had promised to find a solution to avoid the medical Centre Beauport closes its doors the end of the week. “The medical Clinic at the Beauport plays an important role, we want to support it”, she told the Sun.
The minister McCann will ultimately not needed to make a derogation “focused”, as had been done in the last year his predecessor, Gaétan Barrette, to enable the medical Centre Beauport to get your hands on a new doctor.