Booster dose: appointment scheduling now open for 55-59 year olds
People 55 and over can now make an appointment to be vaccinated a third time against COVID-19.
Appointment scheduling is offered through the Clic Santé platform and vaccination is open in all regions of Quebec.
In a press briefing held last Tuesday, the Minister of Health and Social Services, Christian Dubé, unveiled the opening schedule for making appointments which will allow the population aged 18 and over to receive the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. He also recalled that in addition to being more likely to contract the disease and develop complications, people not adequately vaccinated represent a significant proportion of current hospitalizations.
Vaccination currently available for the following categories
- People aged 55 and over (3rd dose)
- People who have received 2 doses of AstraZeneca or Covishield (3rd dose)
- People aged 12 years with immunocompromised or dialysis plus (3rd dose)
- Immunocompromised or dialysis patients aged 18 years and over (additional dose)
- People who have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications from COVID-19 (3rd dose)
- People who are pregnant (3rd dose)
- Caregivers (3rd dose)
- Children aged 5 to 11 (1st dose)
- Recognized early childhood education service workers. Proof of employment will be requested on site (3rd dose)
- People living in identified remote areas
- Health and social service workers from the public network or from the private sector. Paramedics and first responders. Proof of use will be requested on site (3rd dose)
- Public security workers. Proof of employment will be requested on site (3rd dose)
- School employees. Proof of employment will be requested on site (3rd dose)
- Workers in community health and social services organizations. Proof of employment will be requested on site (3rd dose)
- Abattoir workers and MAPAQ inspectors. Proof of use will be requested on site (3rd dose)
Booster dose for other age groups
As for the dose As a reminder for other age groups, here are the opening dates for making an appointment:
- 50-54 years: January 6
- 45- 49 years: January 10
- 40-44 years: January 12
- 35-39 years: January 14
- 30-34 years: January 17
- 25-29 years: January 19
- 18-24 years: January 21
It is also possible to obtain more information on the campaign COVID-19 vaccination program on the Québec.ca/vaccinCOVID website.