Closed schools and difficult conditions in Montreal
More than 230 schools closed their doors today because of the snowstorm that hit Montreal on Thursday night See you Friday.
An Alert has been issued by Environment Canada for the area of Montreal, Châteauguay – La Prairie, Laval and Longueuil – Varennes. The advisory indicates that rapid accumulation of snow could make travel difficult in some areas.
“Visibility can be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow,” warns Environment Canada.
The advisory indicates that the snow will end in the morning.
- All schools in the Centre de services scolaire de Montréal (CSSDM) we decided to close their doors.
- All schools in the Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys are also closed for the day.
- All establishments and daycare services at the Centre de services scolaire de la Pointe-de-l’île (CSSPI) are closed.
- All establishment of the English Montreal School Board (EMSB)
- All schools in the Commission scolaire Lester B. Pearson School Board (LBPSB)
More details to come…