Everything you need to know about the storm
You might hear about it often as you enjoy the festivities today, tomorrow and in the days to come: the storm that has makes its debut in Quebec on Thursday evening and is already evolving in Montreal on Friday afternoon. It will affect the entire province at least until Saturday.
Métro has prepared a short guide for you in response to some questions you may have about the services available during the storm. By clicking on the links below, you will be directed to the official page of the service concerned: < /p>
– Want to check public weather alerts for southern Quebec?
– Want to check the status of bus service for the STM? And the state of the metro service?
– Want to know the status of VIA Rail service?
– Want to know if air traffic is affected at Montréal-Trudeau Airport, in particular: departuresarrivals?
– You have questions about snow removal operations in Montreal – in Laval – in Longueuil?
– Has your car been towed?
– Are you wondering about the free parking spaces available before, during or after snow removal operations?
As a reminder:
< p>Snow, rain and ice are on the menu during this storm, accompanied by violent winds in certain regions of Quebec. According to Météo Média, the metropolitan area will receive between 20 cm and 30 cm of snow starting Friday morning. The population is therefore invited to limit their travel for the start of the Holidays and to exercise caution on the roads.
In addition, more than 240,000 Quebec households found themselves without electricity on Friday morning .