Here are the finalists for the 2022 Booksellers' Awards
Gabrielle Boulianne-Tremblay, Alain Farah, Paul Serge Forest and Camille Toffoli are among the finalists for the Prix des libraires du Québec 2022.
< p>These writers are respectively named for their books The daughter of herself, A thousand secrets, a thousand dangers, Everything is ori and Corsair girls.
Organized by the Association des libraires du Québec, the Prix des libraires are among the most prestigious awards in the literary field. If you are running out of reading ideas, the list of nominated works is a good source of inspiration.
The winners will be announced on May 11. A scholarship of $10,000 will be offered by the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec for the recipient in the Novel-News-Story category.
The winners in the other categories will receive grants of $3,000 to $5,000, offered by other partners of the Prix des libraires.
The finalists for the Prix des libraires du Québec 2022
- After Celeste, by Maude Nepveu-Villeneuve (Your Mother)
- The Daughter of Herself, by Gabrielle Boulianne-Tremblay (Leaf Merchant)
- The Shooting Shadows , by Christian Guay-Poliquin (La Peuplade)
- A thousand secrets, a thousand dangers, by Alain Farah (Le Quartanier)
- Everything is ori, by Paul Serge Forest (VLB)
Essai québécois< /strong>
- Auassat: In Search of Missing Children, by Anne Panasuk (Editorial)
- Corsair girls, by Camille Toffoli (Remue-ménage)
- The eye of the master, by Dalie Giroux (Mémoire d'encrier)
- Racists have never seen the sea, by Rodney Saint-Éloi and Yara El-Ghadban (Inkwell Memory)
- Digging through the rubble, by Flavia Garcia (Inkwell memory)
- Inhabitants, by Anick Arsenault (The Nut)
- The Thief, by Daria Colonna (Poets of the Bush)
- When I'm not saying anything I'm still thinking, by Camille Readman Prud'homme (L'Oie de Cravan)
< strong>Quebec comics
- The Little Astronaut, by Jean-Paul Eid (La Watermelon)
- Free time, by Mélanie Leclerc (General mechanics)
< li>Mégantic – A train in the night, by Anne-Marie Saint-Cerny and Christian Quesnel (Ecosociety)