Mitigation measures deployed at the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel
The Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine bridge-tunnel.
Several public transport mitigation measures will be implemented along the axis of the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel from December 13.
In Boucherville, the new Touraine park-and-ride parking lot, located at the corner of De Montarville Boulevard and Highway 20, will offer 300 spaces to motorists who want to transfer to public transit. At the Beloeil and Mortagne parking lots, 200 and 330 additional spaces will be offered.
These measures will be combined with four new bus lines that will also be put into service over the next week to link Montreal and the South Shore, in collaboration with the Regional Authority of metropolitan transport, exo, the Longueuil transport network and the Société de transport de Montréal.
The Minister responsible for the Montérégie region, Simon Jolin-Barrette, says that the government wishes to limit the repercussions of the work of the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel on the population of the Montérégie.
Measures already in force:
- Lane reserved for buses, taxis and carpooling (three occupants and more) on highway 20, towards Montreal, between chemin du Fer-à- Cheval, in Sainte-Julie, and route 132, in Boucherville
- Improvement of the bus line 61 of the Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL), between Boucherville and Montreal
- Addition of services on three shared taxi lines on RTL territory
Measures in effect from December 13:
- Entry into service of a bus lane on the shoulder of Autoroute 20, towards Montreal, between Beloeil and Chemin du Fer-à-Cheval, in Sainte-Julie
- Addition of 830 new free park-and-ride parking spaces: & nbsp;
- new park-and-ride parking in Touraine (at the corner of Boulevard De Montarville and Highway 20), at & nbsp; Boucherville & nbsp; (300 spaces ) & nbsp;
- extension of the park-and-ride parking lot in Beloeil (addition of 200 & nbsp; spaces) and Mortagne, in Boucherville (addition of 330 & nbsp; spaces)
- Addition of four new bus lines connecting the Radisson metro to five park-and-ride lots on the Rive- South (Varennes, de Mortagne, de Touraine, & nbsp; Sainte-Julie & nbsp; and Beloeil): & nbsp;
- Beloeil-Montreal corridor (lines 520 and 521 d & rsquo; exo) & nbsp;
- Varennes-Montreal corridor (line & nbsp; 532 d & rsquo; exo) & nbsp;
- Boucherville-Montreal corridor (RTL line & nbsp; 461)
< li> Addition of bus platforms near the Radisson metro station in Montreal