The country table Les Cocagnes unveils its summer program
Les Cocagnes will welcome 19 chefs to the kitchens of its table champêtre from June 17th to September 24th.
The agro-ecological organization Les Cocagnes has just revealed the names of the 19 chefs who will take turns delighting its country table throughout the summer season.
Located in the Eastern Townships, on 40 acres of land near the village of Frelighsburg, the NPO Les Cocagnes was first created with the aim of allowing small agricultural businesses to access land and support them by pooling the agricultural material. To go further, the place decided to embark on a country table service last year from its beautiful wooden pergola with a view of the pond and the flowery fields.
The gourmet and intimate experience will be back this summer, from June 17 to September 24, for 19 gourmet dinners concocted by 19 talented chefs from Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa and Estrie. Each five-course menu invented by the guest chef will be made from local products and organic vegetables from the farm for a unique dinner.
“For the 2023 season, we have established partnerships with highly talented brigades, and hope to showcase our market garden products and our region during these gastronomic evenings which should welcome more than 2,000 visitors,” said declared Stéphanie Hinton, founder and general manager of Cocagnes in a press release.
Throughout the summer, the place will also hold its “aperitif and pizza” Tuesdays without reservation. All the profits collected thanks to the country table will be used to finance the organization and support its mission.
When: June 17 to September 24, at 5 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
Address: Les Cocagnes, 33 chemin de Dunham, Frelighsburg QC
Price: $150 per person, tip included, or $120 for a non-alcoholic menu
- June 17-18: Félix Antoine Parenteau, Sauce Prune
- June 24-25: Maxance fermand Martinez and Julien Archambault, Passe-Montagne
- July 1-2: Alexandro Vega, Darling, Le Majestique
- July 8-9: Xavier Larivière and Aaron Kawajigashi, Flowers and Gifts
- July 15-16: Marc Proulx, Comptoir Moutarde
- 22-23 July: Olivier Louissaint, Chef Oli
- August 5-6: Chloé Ostiguy, L'Archipel
- August 12: Francis Moreau, Sardines,
- August 13: Christian Beaulieu, Tartinizza
- August 19-20: Jean-Christophe Amadei and Rachel Ouellette, Elsdale Buvette de Quartier
- August 22: Joe Thottungal, Thali and Coconut Lagoon
- September 2-3: Fanny Lehouiller, Chef at home from Quebec
- September 9-10: Guillaume Harcc-Boutin, Private Chef de Dunham
- September 16-17: Yannick Verreault, Brasserie Artisanale Griendel
- September 23-24: Marie-Fleur St-Pierre, Jardin du Bedeau
< li>August 26-27: Maurin Arellano, Vivace