The Mile-End will be celebrating for an entire weekend
Mile End will be animated the weekend of May 27 and 28 when the Mile End event will be held celebrating. DJs, marching band, performances, artisan booths, ballet, screenings, contests and more: all kinds of activities will be organized throughout the neighborhood.
The objective of the event, organized by the SDC de l’Avenue Laurier Ouest and the Association des gens d’affaires du Mile-End, is to highlight local businesses and celebrate the arrival of sunny days. We break down the program for you:
- The festivities will begin at 10 a.m. with a distribution of plants at the Lave-auto Laurier.
- From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., there will be a consultation on the redevelopment plan after the decontamination of the Champ des Possibles.
- From 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., Grilled Cheese Magazine will have a craft booth.
- From 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. there will be a sale of used books. From 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., it will be possible to participate in the Station of the Future creation mediation organized by MAPP MTL.
- The Van Hornies Marching Band will perform from 2-3 p.m.
- From 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., children and adults can take part in a ballet hop class.
- From 3:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., we can visit the kiosk of the magazine Le Corner Kick.
- From 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., it will be time to attend a Vitalia concert.
- At 3:30 p.m., a historical tour of Mile End businesses will also be organized by Mile End Memories.
- Then, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., you can sip a drink during an aperitif under the music of DJ Andy Williams.
- Finally from 8:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. there will be a screening of Station de l'Avenir by MAPP MTL.
All these activities will be held on Saint-Laurent, du Parc, Bernard, Saint-Viateur, Fairmount and Laurier West streets. Other businesses will also participate in the celebration throughout the weekend.